Job title: Community & Events Fundraiser
Location: Office based, working across the Harrogate district
Reports to: Fundraising & Marketing Manager
To identify and secure new community fundraising supporters to support ambitious plans for income growth. Develop and organise a portfolio of events which will generate income, raise awareness of the work of Harrogate Homeless Project and attract new supporters. Ensure that all supporters receive an outstanding level of service. Build a strong community network of local volunteer fundraisers, committed, and inspired to raise money to help us achieve our mission supporting homeless and vulnerable people across the Harrogate District.
- Develop a business plan to which will help achieve fundraising objectives.
- Plan work to ensure we meet our deadlines.
- Have a clear focus on driving improvements on impact and performance. Support the Fundraising and Marketing Manager on delivering the Fundraising plan for HHP.
- monitor events and community fundraising budget.
- Meet agreed annual income targets
- Research & identify opportunities for working with local companies and secure an agreed number of partnerships
- Establish new local support through community service groups and organisations such as Rotary, and other local fundraising charities
- Develop a pipeline of new fundraising prospects
- Work with the Volunteer Co-ordinator to build an effective network of volunteers across the organisation.
- Help the Volunteer Co-ordinator to identify opportunities for new volunteer roles across HHP.
- Work with the Fundraising and Marketing Manager to develop products/activities which will increase income generation.
- Contribute to the work of the broader team by developing and maintaining effective working relationships across HHP.
- Prepare monthly reports showing performance against plan.
- Comply with our governance procedures, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are valued and members of staff are enabled to do their best.
- Be responsible for the effective use of financial and other resources.
- Undertake any other works as could be expected of a Community Fundraiser.
- Relevant professional experience, which demonstrates equivalent academic skills.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Proven record of successful income generation from either the voluntary sector or able to demonstrate transferable skills from the commercial sector.
- Proven record of identifying, establishing and retaining new fundraising partners, supporters and fundraising groups/committees.
- Proven record of identifying, establishing and retaining new fundraising partners, supporters
- Leading and managing projects.
- Training and developing volunteers.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to effectively engage with others.
- Excellent written communication and numeracy skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to deliver presentations with confidence.
- Good organisational and workload management skills. Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word and experience of using and interrogating CRM databases
- Driving licence
How to apply
Send a CV and a supporting statement to Sharon@hhphostel.org
You may also contact Francis McAllister, CEO for an informal discussion.
Interviews will commence asap.