The Trustees of the Harrogate Homeless Project hosted a Summer’s Evening of Music, Pimms and Canapés at St Peter’s Church in Harrogate to thank all those who had helped and supported Harrogate Homeless Project over the past 12 months. Patrons, sponsors, volunteers and corporate supporters were among the guests who enjoyed canapés, Pimms and entertainment from ukelele band Harrogate Spa Town Ukes.
Chairman of Trustees John Harris thanked everyone who has donated food, money, goods and time to the project and said that without their support the charity would not have been able to carry out its work to support single homeless adults in the district.
CEO Liz Hancock said that over the past year HHP had supported local single homeless adults in the following ways:
- 200 people referred to NSNO
- 81 people accommodated in hostel
- 18 people accommodated in HHP move-on houses
- Streetlight provided therapy to over 35 clients
- Average of 365 meals per month served at Springboard
- Average of 700 visits to Springboard per month
She also announced the launch of a £50,000 fundraising campaign to expand the Springboard day centre.
Photography by Andrew Preston